Is your eye appointment approaching? Are you worried about going to Lasik Provision during the (COVID-19) pandemic? Please rest assure keeping our patients and staff safe and healthy is our highest priority.
We anticipate that this outbreak will continue for a while, and do not want our patients to neglect their eye care needs during this critical time. Lasik Provision has adopted specific measures to protect our patients and staff from potential exposure to COVID-19 during this time of uncertainty.
Our office policy includes all our eye doctors, office staff, and patients not to enter the clinic if they are feeling unwell. If they have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, or have been exposed to a known case of COVID-19 or traveled outside Ontario within the last 14 days. Everyone that enters Lasik Provision must be wearing a mask and clean their hands at the front reception.
The staff may ask you to wait outside rather than in the waiting area in order to protect yourself and others from any circulating germs. Furthermore, we are trying to schedule our appointments in such a way that our waiting room remains as empty as possible.
During your eye exam:
- The eye doctor will use a special plastic barrier called a slit-lamp breath shield to block the exchange of breath between patient and doctor.
- The optometrist will wear a mask with a plastic shield over the eyes.
- The optometrist will wait for your slit-lamp eye exam to be over before speaking with you or answering any questions you may have.
- All equipment and patient contact surfaces will be cleaned after every use and at the end of the day.
- All surfaces and equipment (front desk counters, telephones, pens, door handles, waiting room chairs) will be wiped down with antibacterial wipes.
- All staff members will wash their hands after contact with each patient and throughout the day.
- Our office is equipped with several sanitizing stations.
- Patients will sanitize their hands prior to and after trying on frames. We also make sure to clean frames that have come into contact with a special medical cleaning agent.
If you feel this eye appointment can wait and want to reschedule to a later date please speak to a Lasik Provision team member.
If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 please call 905-688-8248 or Toll- free 1-888-505-6074 press 7, then press 2